Hello there Hairffectionate,
So it has been a week long giveaway and this this post is a two in one post: announcing the winner and a blog feature of the winner!
I know I didn’t mention anything about dong a blog feature of the winner but it’s all part of the package…
so let’s meet the winner….
NAME: ODERA ACHINGALE
1) Your hair is?
4c black,natural. I’ve never relaxed my hair.
2) When did you start your healthy hair journey? What inspired you?
Last year. I saw other young girls with peng, long and full natural hair with no breakage. I wanted all that so that’s what inspired me to start a healthy hair journey. Healthy and long hair are all I want.
3) Describe your hair for us.
my hair is thick, full and black. It is short, frizzy and has little curl definition. It also shrinks a lot.
4)What is your current regimen like?
I wash and condition my hair once every two weeks. If I want to go more weeks without washing my hair, I go lighter with my product usage. I use a sulphate free shampoo to avoid dryness and breakage.
I moisturize on freshly washed hair using the LOC method (a liquid based leave-in, an oil and then a cream to seal)
I detangle too on wet hair or I put a product that’ll give it some sort of slip. It’s my favourite part. I am always careful beacuse I don’t want to end up losing a lot of hair.
…..I finger detangle to avoid breakage.
I do protective styles like twists, braids and cornrows (making sure to be gentle on my edges) because it requires little work and I won’t have to style and manipulate daily which will lead to breakage
I do protein treatments once a month.
5) Do you have any hair goals? Have you reached them?
Yes, three. My goals are to reach bra strap length, reduce breakage and dandruff. No I haven’t reached them
6) How did you achieve your goals or how are you working to achieve them?
I trim my ends when needed, I do ACV rinse, I finger detangle instead of combing and I never leave my hair dry
I also avoid heat
and I take vitamins reach in Biotin and vitamin E.
7) What advice would you give someone just starting out on their journey?
To avoid heat.
Moisturize the hair often.
Avoid doing tight protective styles.
Do protein treatments.
8) If you were stranded on a desert, what 3 hair products and /or tools would you wish you had?.
A satin bonnet, leave-in conditioner and hair butter.
9) What do you love most about your hair?
it’s kinky nature
10) What is your favorite protective style?
11) Tell us 2 truths and 1 lie about anything you’ve learnt on your healthy hair journey.
2 truths: wet hair is not always moisturized hair,
moisturizing without sealing is a waste of time
1 lie: Type 4hair cannot have definition.
12) Where can we find you on the web?
@4c_afro (instagram handle)
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER OF THE #HairffectionBirthdayGiveaway, she won a kuicare kit, satin bonnet and a detangling comb.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED, THERE WOULD BE MANY MORE GIVEAWAYS IN CASE YOU DID NOT WIN THIS ONE.
COME BACK SOON