Alright, so some of you may or may not know about my ” DIY Seamless wide tooth comb gone wrong ” see pictures below incase you missed it..
It turns out I bought a wide tooth comb and it wasn’t as seamless as I thought it would be (lord knows how long I’ve been searching for seamless wide tooth combs in Lagos, Nigeria). With big emphasis on SEAMLESS.
For the benefit of those who don’t know what a seamless wide tooth comb is, it is a comb that has no seams (joining lines or snags) in between the teeth or on the body of the comb which are usually formed on the comb as a result ofthe mould of the comb during production. With the increase in awareness of hair care, a lot of vendors and shops here are selling different ranges of wide tooth combs but not seamless. I talked about how using a seamless wide tooth comb helped me retain length here Although my version of seamless wide tooth combs back then was filing the seams on my wide tooth comb with a nail 💅 file or scraping the seams off with a razor blade. Both of which where effective at some point but I got tired of doing that to every comb I bought so I decided to play around with fire… Literally 😂(Pls don’t try it at home!) , hence my debacle with my melted comb…
Then just there in the comments, Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow suggested I get the seamless comb from @savvychichairbeautyhub and so I did from their website for #950 (nine hundred and fifty Naira)
So here’s my new comb….
THE TANGLE EASE DETANGLER COMB FROM SAVVY AND CHIC COMB SYSTEMS
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS COMB:
1) Packaging: Ah!… To me packaging is everything (or at least 80% of everything.. lol) as an Architect, presentation has always meant alot to me and the package of the comb looks like something I would have done, if I was asked to create a package for a comb… It’s simple, chic and not flimsy
2) Honestly I was half expecting it to be “shaky shaky ” because of it’s pink plastic look… But this comb is strong!…💪…I think sturdy is the word I’m looking for 😂.
3) Even though I know that’s probably the design I kinda wish it had a handle for easy grip… I like comb with handles what can I say 💁 .
4) Is it really seamless 😕: here are some close up shots I took of the comb (below)… It looks seamless but I put my fingers in between the teeth of the comb to feel for seams at first I felt nothing but if you really apply pressure you’ll notice it does have seams but they are very mild almost inconspicuous.
5) A Snag: I don’t know if all the combs are like this but mine had a snag 😥😥… Anyways I took a blade and scraped it off!… Ain’t nobody got time for that! 😂
6) Contrary to how my observations may seem, I TOTALLY LOVE THIS COMB!
a) because of its size, it can even fit into my wallet 😆.
b) it is an AWESOME substitute for a seamless comb and I don’t regret buying it! I used it to comb my hair and there were like 2 strands of hair on the comb, so that’s one less source of breakage to worry about.
c) Y’all know I’m sentimental about GOOD products that are made in Nigeria/ Africa or made by Nigerians/ Africans (they have a special place in my heart). Though this product was made in the USA, it’s by a Nigerian… Anything to support our own!. And I love that it was created with a deliberate attempt to solve a problem .. So no more scraping and burning combs for me.. 😉.
that being said, I hope you enjoyed this post 😉….
This comb is from a 4 step comb system curated by Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow. Click here to see more about the comb systems on her blog.
DISCLAIMER : THIS COMB WAS PURCHASED WITH MY MONEY AND ALL OPINIONS ARE COMPLETELY MINE AND I HAVE NOT BEEN COMPENSATED IN ANY WAY TO WRITE THIS POST.
Do you use seamless wide tooth combs for detangling?, do you know any vendors within Nigeria?, please leave your comments below… I love feedback!